Salary Range: $28,000-$32,000
Full time exempt status, direct report to Director of Communications and Partnerships
Position open until filled.
Under the direction of the Director of Communications and Partnerships, incumbent will plan, direct and coordinate the daily processes of the SAYL Reading Buddy volunteer pipeline including but not limited to:
- Schedule and conduct Reading Buddy Trainings; prepare all training materials, send reminder emails.
- Monitor and update all volunteer information in Salesforce, including matching Reading Buddy volunteers to sites, process and track their criminal background check process.
- Create bi-weekly reports of volunteer needs based on school sites. Stay in contact with Director of Communications and Partnerships and Program Director to ensure that schools with unmatched students are prioritized.
- Work with Director of Communications & Partnerships to market volunteer needs, including office volunteers and volunteers for special events and projects.
- Communicate with volunteers regarding school announcements and end of year results, and feedback surveys.
- Manage the hiring and overseeing of office volunteers and work-study interns.
- Assist with conflict resolution among clients, volunteers and staff according to established procedures.
- Prepare annual report on the contribution of the volunteer program to the organization.
- Coordinate volunteer appreciation event with the assistance of the Director of Communications & Partnerships.
- All other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with the Reading Buddies, the business community, and the general public.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability of working with diverse groups of people.
- Understanding and experience working within the public school system, particularly schools with a Title 1 status a plus.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to our clients which include the program sites, Reading Buddies and the students participating in our program.
- Proven communication skills and the ability to speak to groups of all sizes.
- Capable of working as a team and independently.
- Bachelor’s Degree, with prior experience working with or teaching children is preferred.
- Competency with Microsoft Word and Excel and understanding of IOS systems.
- Knowledge of current trends, resources and information related to volunteerism.
- Knowledge of Signup.com, GivePulse, and Salesforce a plus but not required.
- Reliable transportation with valid Texas driver’s license, insurance and satisfactory driving record.
- Ability to life a minimum of 30lbs.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in field preferred.